Happy Foodie Friday! Today I’m sharing a recipe that’s great for a last minute dessert (with little to no cleanup!) I recently made this before a friend’s house party, and got a lot of compliments on how light the cake is. If you’re in a rush and you want to make an impression, try this Chocolate “Dump” Cake.
Okay, I promise it tastes better than it sounds. “Dump” refers to you “dumping” all the ingredients into your pan. No extra bowls to wash!
What you’ll need:
-1/4 cup oil
-1 box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Supermoist Devil’s Food Cake Mix)
-1/2 cup water
-1 can of cherry pie filling
-[OPTIONAL] – Macadamia Dry Roasted Baking Pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the oil into the baking pan. Make sure to spread it too.
3. “Dump” the water, cake mix, eggs and cherry pie filling into the pan.
4. Mix the ingredients in the pan until it’s all combined. WARNING: Don’t stir too hard or the ingredients will fly out of the pan!
5. Wipe the sides of the pan to get rid of rogue batter.
6. Optional! Sprinkle macadamia nuts on top of your cake.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.
Using this for your next party? Let me know how it goes!